The Polish Foundation for Energy Efficiency (FEWE) is an independent non-governmental organization founded in the year 1990. The mission of FEWE is to promote sustainable development of the economy of Poland and to support protection of the environment through implementing the awareness on energy efficiency.
The idea givers and the first sponsors have been institutions from the USA: Battelle Memorial Institute / Pacific Northwest Laboratories, Environmental Protection Agency, World Wildlife Fund for Nature, Agency for International Development and Department of Energy.
The present activities carried by FEWE cover the following areas:
- Support to municipalities in carrying their statutory tasks on energy planning, management and supply as well as on environmental protection and management,
- Sustainable development and energy management and Earth’s climate protection,
- Integrating of activities and instrumentation of economy, energy policy, ecology and social energy related issues, development of programs and projects focused on enhancing the economic development of the country and job creation,
- Establishing coalitions with new partners, encouraging to develop partnerships,
- Analysis and study works on energy policy and environmental protection,
- Actions promoting energy efficient techniques and designs,
- Training and demo projects,
- Social education
FEWE is a member of the following organizations:
- Koalicja Klimatyczna, comprising 27 NGO’s interested in activities for global climate protection
- Ogólnokrajowe Stowarzyszenie „Poszanowanie Energii i Środowiska” (SAPE-POLSKA),
- Klaster Budownictwa Energooszczędnego i Pasywnego at the Górnośląski Park Przemysłowy,
- ECOS, the single world range environment related organization focusing on standardization and policies related to technical products.